Episode 356 - Michael Crawley
Tom is joined by writer Michael Crawley to talk about the 2hour marathon project and it’s purpose, Jeptoo’s ban is upheld, athletes seemingly get lost in Rio, Frankfurt is rapid, Mum of 4 shines in Dublin, there is a cheating winner in Nairobi, Xempo have some new leisure tee’s, you show off your kit all around the world, Rate Your Run, reflect on your running and stand proud on the podium.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's not been running at all.
- Tom's been hanging out with his parkathon friends and a drumchapel parkrun.
Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
- Support the show and buy some MT Xempo kit (ask about getting it personalised)?
Camps and stuff.
Martin is hosting a running camp on the Jurassic Coast in February along with the team at UKRunChat | Details.
Liz Yelling still has a few places left on her Ireland Running Camp in February 2017 in Clonakilty. | Email - [email protected]
19:20 - News
- Rita Jeptoo banned for two more years after CAS uphold IAAF appeal against doping verdict | Inside the Games
- Frankfurt Marathon | IAAF
- Laura Graham wins Irish title in Dublin | Irish Examiner
- Winning in Nairobi | Capital FM Kenya
- Tegla Laroupe gets UN Award | IAAF
- Congratulations Steve Peters - winning World title in Perth at Masters track 100m | MastersTrack
45:54 - Interview - Michael Crawley
- The Two Hour Marathon: who is it for? | Guardian
1:31:36 - Close
- Martin will be getting back into the running groove.
- Tom doesn't know what he'll be doing.