Episode 354 - Marathon Training Academy
Martin's joined by his other half, Liz. Ed Whitlock breaks another WR, a 4 year old records a 2hr 31 marathon, we catch up with WR holding super hero Mike Kallenburg aka, Robin. Prof Barry Smyth reveals the truth about women being better marathon pacers than men. Training Talk looks at 5 things to do if you just found out you’re in London, Tony brings his trials and we're joined by Trevor and Angie from the Marathon Training Academy.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been coastal running and enjoying bangers and mash
- Liz's been banging out some faster sessions!
Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
- Support the show and buy some MT Xempo kit (ask about getting it personalised)
- Facebook Friday asked can you be too slow for the track?
15:12 - News
- Ed Whitlock smashes V85 WR in Toronto | Canadian Running Magazine
- Great Birmingham Run | Athletics Weekly
- Amsterdam Marathon | IAAF
- Jon Mulkeen from IAAF on Abel Kirui who won Chicago recently | IAAF
29:08 - We speak to Mike Kallenburg aka Robin.
45:33 - Tony's Trials
50-24 - Training Talk
- 5 things to do if you just found out you're in the London Marathon.
53:47 - Interview - we talk to Trevor and Angie from the Marathon Training Academy podcast
1:35:00 - Close
- Martin will be writing a feature on buggy running and running slowly.
- Liz will be running quickly. Probably.