Episode 92 - Brad Hudson
On this weeks show has Tom had a baby? We talk about amazing races in the Chicago marathon and the incredible Ironman world triathlon championships in Kona. As well as a not so amazing -run - walk - bus strategy. We review your marathons and Tony is 'live' from the Chester Marathon. We interview USA based running coach Brad Hudson about successful first time marathon training.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... scoring comeback PB's, not having a baby, watching too much daytime TV.
- Martin's been... to Peterborough and tentatively running (or jogging, depends how you see it)
Thanks adidas: We’ve always said that everything we provide at Marathon talk will be free for everyone who wants to be a part of our community. We’d like to thank adidas for their support in helping us grow this community and bring Marathon Talk to you each week.
- Former football star Paolo di Canio runs a half marathon - but not intentionally. (BBC)
- New world record for Marathon Talk listeners Jeff and Russell Whittington - fastest father and son in a marathon!
- The London 2012, the BOA, the CAS, LaShawn Merritt and all that jazz. (link)
- Congratulations listener Renee Shaw
16:45 - News
- Boo! Cheating in the Kielder Marathon – (Sunderland Echo)
- Ironman Hawaii – the greatest races on the planet! (slowtwitch)
- Joe Thorne – did the smack talk work?
- The big race in the windy city - the Chicago Marathon - a look at both men's and women's races.
- A great race from Claire Hallisey (link)
52:38 - Tony's Trials
- Live from the Chester Marathon! Complete with chaffing!
1:02:57 - Rant & Rave
- Claire Stevens gives spectators a ticking off and Micheal Aikman rants about disorganised events.
1:05:50 - Interview - USA based marathon coach Brad Hudson (Hudson Training Systems)
Brad Hudson - former 2hr 13min marathoner himself Hudson has helped a host of the USA's brightest endurance runners. He is the co-author of the book 'Run Faster - from 5k to the Marathon' and now coaches runners of all abilities. As a 16/17year old he was running 130miles a week! Holy smoke!
1:41:30 - Winner of the Week
- 4 time Kona champion and supreme athlete and role model - Chrissie Wellington.
1:42:00 - Close
- Get stuck in to our new website
- Martin's doing it for the kids - free to enter series of 1miles for children in Bournemouth on Sunday Oct 16th. (Entry details here)
- Details of Liz Yelling's 2012 camps here.
- Tom's having a baby (well Helen is).
- New Marathon Talk technical training tee and racing vest available very soon with the amazing support of adidas.
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here and click 'attending' to the races you're taking on.
Thanks for listening. Martin & Tom.