Episode 90 - Debbie Jevans
London 2012's Director of Sport Debbie Jevans popped into the Marathon Talk studios to bring us up to speed on the latest in next year's Olympics, Tom took the rain up North with him, Martin earned a stamp in his parkrun passport, Tony jingled his way down the road, and Berlin saw a new marathon World record!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... Barrow parkrunning, Berlin marathon watching, Cavendish cheering, and hen saving!
- Martin's been... parkrun touring, bag carrying, and not running!
- Dave Clamp doing another deca Ironman (www.daveclamp.com)
20:43 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.9 from 73
- New 30k World record (link)
- Get a sneak peak of our new website HERE
- Commonwealth Mountain Running and Ultra Champs (link)
52:10 - Tony's Trials
- 'Key Jangle'
55:10 - Rant & Rave
- Ed Wallace and Helen Waters Clark rant about blocked public rights of way
- Tim Tansley raves about pushing the envelope
56:02 - Interview - Debbie Jevans
Debbie is the Director of Sport for London 2012 and therefore responsible for delivering the equivalent of 26 world championships within two weeks during the Olympic Games and then repeating a similar feat for the Paralympic Games. Her role has involved drawing up the Games competition schedule, ensuring that the competition venues meet the technical requirements for each sport and liaising with national and international sports governing bodies.
Debbie is a former junior Wimbledon tennis champion and British under-21 doubles title-holder and has been involved in international sport for the past 12 years. She served as General Secretary of the International Tennis Federation and was responsible for tennis at previous Olympic Games.
1:33:00 - Winner of the Week
- Paula Radcliffe and Scott Overall
1:33:44 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- New Marathon Talk technical training tee and racing vest available very soon with the amazing support of adidas.
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here and click 'attending' to the races you're taking on. Also, to add your own marathons to the Marathon Talk Listener Launch Pad email us via firstname.lastname@example.org