Episode 86 - Marty Dent
Marty Dent has a 2:13 marathon PB and is working hard towards qualifying for the 2012 Olympic Marathon, Tera Moody and Susan Partridge both ran brilliantly at last weekend's World Championships, Tom knocked 20 seconds off his recent parkrun times, and Martin flew round Poole parkrun in 16:21, and to top it all off Mo Farah picked up a silver medal in the World 10,000m championships... all in all a great week of running!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... parkrunning
- Martin's been... parkrunning
- See you at the Motivation Station - email us on email@example.com
- James Adams finally finishes his epic run across the states (read more)
- What's going on with the US marathon records? (read more)
11:53 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 9.1 from 53
20:00 - interview with Tera Moody
31:00 - interview with Sue Partridge
- Great reports from Daegu on www.letsrun.com
- Did Yohan Blak move in his blocks before Bolt? (watch)
- Read more about the UTMB and CCC (here)
58:50 - Tony's Trials
- 'The artist, formerly know as Prince'
61:55 - Rant & Rave
- Tom and Martin rave about Mo Farah
- Carl Zalek rants about the false start rule
63:10 - Interview - Mart Dent
- Marty has a 13:41 5,000m PB, a 28:28 10,000m PB, a 62:16 half marathon PB and a 2:13 marathon best. He’s spent the first half of 2011 recovering from a stress fracture in his back but following a consistent increase in training over the last few months placed a fantastic 3rd overall at the World’s largest run, the Sydney City to Surf in Australia, and is now targeting the Australian Olympic marathon A standard in an autumn marathon.
- Check out Marty's great blog HERE
1:40:11 - Winner of the Week
- Nominated by Daniel John Weston - Anthony Band... www.baretorun.co.uk
1:41:40 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- New Marathon Talk technical training tee and racing vest available very soon with the amazing support of adidas.
- Next week's interview guest is Susan Partridge
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here and click 'attending' to the races you're taking on. Also, to add your own marathons to the Marathon Talk Listener Launch Pad email us via firstname.lastname@example.org