Episode 84 - Michael Wardian (part two)
The second part of our interview with the simply phenomenal Mike Wardian, Tony came back from his summer hols, Martin took his wife down over the Magic Mile, and Tom finished a close second to his Dad!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... up north, down south, and up north again... parkrunning, and interviewing!
- Martin's been... riding his bike and taking a few days off running.
- Marathon Talk Magic Mile Global Team Challenge - Team UK take it by 71.8 v 63.3
- Marathon Talk Motivation Station – Experian Festival of Running Robin Hood Marathon in Nottingham on Sunday 11th September. Camping again! Sign up to join the fun by emailing us via [email protected]
- Just two weeks to go for James Saunders (read more)
- Run for the Matthew Good Foundation (here)
21:55 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.3 from 64
- Drug testing in Daegu (BBC)
- Kara Goucher suffers a stress fracture (competitor.com)
- Sydney City2Surf (official website)
- UTMB (coming soon)
32:35 - Tony's Trials
- Check out Team Emmerdale (teamemmerdale.com)
40:30 Training Talk
- Three common injury mistakes
49:00 - Rant & Rave
- Pej Nikoufekr raves about Tim Noakes, Matthew Syed, and The Queen
- Angie Whitworth Pace rants about cheaters whilst raving about the Moonlight Half Marathon
51:51 - Interview - Michael Wardian (part two)
- In the last seven months Mike has finished 19th at the Two Oceans Ultra marathon in Cape Town and 11th at the legendary Comrades Ultra Marathon, he’s run a 2:35 marathon dressed as Spiderman, and a stand alone marathon in 2:17, he’s finished 3rd at the 135 mile 115 degree Badwater, 3rd at the North Face 50 mile race, podium’d in four other marathons and chucked in a 15 minute 5k and a 30 minute 10k, and the US national 50k champs for good measure, and yesterday he won the San Francisco Marathon in 2:27.
- Check out his great website HERE
1:19:52 - Winner of the Week
- Stephen Wright (Running the Tube Lines)
- Nominated by Jo Taylor
1:21:10 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- New Marathon Talk technical training tee and racing vest available very soon with the amazing support of adidas.
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here and click 'attending' to the races you're taking on. Also, to add your own marathons to the Marathon Talk Listener Launch Pad email us via [email protected]