Episode 77 - Jo Pavey
Three time Olympian Jo Pavey is a great of British running, having set the English schools 1,500m record 23 years ago she is still going strong and earlier this year completed her debut marathon in 2:28, stepping straight to the front of the London 2012 qualification queue. Tony suffered a few technical glitches but still delivered his usual hilarity and with both Martin and Tom abroad this week we achieved only our second ever sub 60 minute show.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... getting ready for a weekend in the sun
- Martin's been... hangin out in the Alps
- We've both been sorting out some AWESOME technical gear
- Support the show by spreading the word through recomending the show to all your friends
- Check out Ray Charbonneau's great book 'Chasing the Runner's High' - HERE
Marathon Talk Magic Mile Global Team Challenge
Run a mile as fast as you can in 6 weeks time
Don’t have to do the training plan (2 sessions a week), can just knock out a flat out mile.
Doing something different, having fun, taking the pressure off.
Between the 1st to the 14th of August you will need to run one flat out mile.
1 – Registration will be open from Monday the 27th June - via marathontalk.com
2 – If you already registered for our spring campaign (jantastic) you can use the same login details
3 – This week’s training talk will provide some guidance as to training for a mile – the training plan is designed to be done as a part of your normal training – pick as much or as little as you’d like.
4 – The competition will be UK listeners v listeners The rest of the World
5 – Times will be converted to an age graded percentage and an average calculated for each region
6 – There will also be bonus percentage points added based on the number of entries
- Our listener split is 64% UK v 36% Rest of the World
7 – Participation will be weighted slightly more strongly than performance – getting involved will get your points than running fast! This is a team challenge and we’d like as many people to participate.
06:35 - Tony's Trials - Do you know what it is yet?
08:45 - Interview - Jo Pavey
- Three time Olympian Jo Pavey is a great of British running, having set the English schools 1,500m record 23 years ago she is still going strong and earlier this year completed her debut marathon in 2:28, stepping straight to the front of the London 2012 qualification queue.
54:45 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here