Episode 76 - Mo Farah
Earlier this month Mo Farah broke the European 10,000 metre record with 26:46, Martin caught up with him to find out all about that great run and what the future might hold. Tony asked as question we didn't know the answer to... and Martin & Tom launched the Marathon Talk Magic Mile International Team Challenge.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... Popping up to Durham, down to Poole... and in the pool.
- Martin's been... Not running enough... and surfing in Boscombe.
- Support the show by thanking the interviewees
- Brian Hock's water bottle can be found HERE
- Eridge Park Duathlon (more details)
- The Marathon Talk Magic Mile International Team Challenge - entries open on Monday
13:48 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.7 from 84
- Ed Whitlock smashed World M80 10,000m record (Read More)
- Close finish at Grandma's marathon (Read More)
- Yuki Kawauchi collapses 1km from the end of a 50k race (Read More)
- Haile to run Berlin (Read More)
- Check out our facebook past events for the listener's marathons (HERE)
22:55 - Tony's Trials - Do you do it?
24:35 - Interview - Mo Farah
- Mo holds the European track record for 10,000 metres, the British road record for 10,000 metres, the British indoor record in the 3,000 metres, the British track record for 5,000 metres and the European indoor record for 5000 metres. On 27 July 2010 Farah won Britain's first-ever men's European gold medal at 10,000 m in a time of 28 minutes 24.99 seconds. He followed this with a gold in the 5000 m, becoming the 5th athlete to complete the long-distance double at the championships and the first man to do so.
- Earlier this month he ran 26:46 at the Pre Classic - watch the race in full HERE
- Official facebook page HERE
- Official twitter page HERE
- Official website HERE
49:00 - Training Talk
- Spending six weeks training for a mile
1:12:12 - Rant & Rave
- Tom rants about lazy 'runners'
- Martin raves about the Comrades race office
1:14:06 - Raspberry of the Week
- The Team GB 4 x 400 men - Nominated by... pretty much everyone!
1:15:30 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here