Episode 72 - Ed Whitlock
In recent years Ed has truly excelled, currently holding nine single-year age World records for the Marathon, notably in 2004 with a 2:54 at age 73 and earlier this year a 3:25 just 35 days after his 81st birthday... Tom caught up with Ed and found out just what it takes to break three hours in your seventies! Mark Hetherington brought you the third and final installment of his heat and hydration Training Talk... and the boys enjoyed a nice holiday... whilst being terrified of an 56 impending miles!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom & Martin are in South Africa
05:50 - Training Talk
- Dr Mark Hetherington answers your questions in the third of our three part Training Talk on heat and hydration.
- You can also find details for his summer running festival HERE.
30:16 - Interview - Ed Whitlock
- In recent years Ed has truly excelled, currently holding nine single year age World records for the Marathon, notably in 2004 with a 2:54 at age 73 and earlier this year a 3:25 just 35 days after his 81st birthday.
1:08:41 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here