Episode 7 - Dan Robinson
This week we catch up with Britain's number one marathon runner and double Olympian Dan Robinson and hear from Tony and his trials. We talk about feeling tired during marathon training and when you should take your foot off the gas, we have a bit of a rant, answer questions on carrying nutrition and running off-road and nominate our winner of the week.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Too much laughing and not enough running!
- Sammy the Wedge
- Marathon Talk... continues!
- Tom slows down
- Martin cheers Liz to the win
05:15 - News
- Three thousand downloads for the week... THANKS!
- Only eight weeks till London, seven weeks till Brighton and six weeks until Paris
- Coe v Ovett (link)
- Barefoot recovery (link)
- National Cross Country championships in Leeds this weekend (link)
- Results from the RAK half marathon (link)
11:40 - Tony's Trials
15:40 - Training Talk
- As marathon training builds you'll be starting to feel tired so this week we talk about how you should be feeling at the moment, when to run and when not to run and what things you can do to help survive the next six to eight weeks.
33:30 - Rant and Rave
- Fail to prepare... prepare to fail!
- You gotta love friends and family... group hug time ;)
37:56 - Dan Robinson (link)
- Britain's number one marathon runner and double Olympian answers your questions and tells us all about his plans for 2012.
1:10:00 - Questions
- How do you carry your gels?
- Do my long runs need to be on the road?
1:14:35 - Winner of the Week
- Richard Whitehead (link)
1:15:25 - Close
- Exercise and immune system - questions please?
- Check out our Facebook discussion boards
- Martin back running?
- Tom running long and spectating at the national cross country champs in Leeds