Episode 68 - Sister Madonna Buder
Since her first ever run over thirty years ago, 81 year old Sister Madonna Buder has completed a combined total of more than 80 marathons and Ironman triathlons. Last weekend she finished the Bston Marathon in just over five hours and later this year will attempt to open the 80-84 age category at the Hawaii Ironman. All that made Martin and Tom's moaning and groaning about their tired legs all sound a little soft! Tony meanwhile brought you Tony's Trials 'German Style'.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been... racing, running long, and suffering the long run blues!
- Martin's been... running long, OD'ing on chocolate, and looking buff on the beach ;)
- The Virgin London Marathon ballot opened... and closed! (link)
- Download your Run for Japan 10k hosted by Nissan UK and Wallsend Harriers HERE
- Check out the AMAZING speakers at this year's Swindon Festival of Literature (link)
25:07 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.6 from 69 entries
- Gothernburg Half Marathon achieves record entries (read more)
- Two Oceans Marathon (results)
34:48 - Tony's Trials
- German style!
41:06 - Training Talk
- What to do in the weeks following a big big effort!
55:30 - Rant & Rave
- Andy Edwards raves about the St Johns Ambulance and other volunteers at the London Marathon
- Dave Merret rants about runners ranting about the heat!
56:50 - Interview - Sister Madonna Buder
- The Iron Nun is a legend in the World of endurance sport, taking up running over 30 years ago at the age of 48 Sister Madonna has completed over 38 marathons and over 40 Ironman triathlons, last week she completed the Boston Marathon running just over five hours at the age of 81!
1:29:12 - Winner of the Week
- Lowri Morgan, nominated by Dewi Snelson
1:31:17 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com/rateyourrun
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here