Episode 65 - Greg McMillan
With the spring marathon season in full flow Martin spoke to one of the World's leading marathon coaches, Greg McMillan, Tom took his foot off the running gas, and Tony spent all week bonking!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been not running very much, parkrunning Huddersfield, and getting pregnant!
- Martin's been walking like John Wayne, Poole parkrunning, and going solo.
- Run for Japan reaches £23,000 and 12,500 miles
- Fancy joining Tom for 45 'easy' miles - details
- Daz Reevel running London in smugglers - read more
- Comrades attracts 19,617 entries - read more
- Bruce Fordyce coming to the UK - Contact Keith Esslemont - email@example.com - 07855 315 973
12:15 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.4 from 46 ratings
- Mark Barrow, John Hill, Phillip Anderson, Daniel Lieb
- Dave Bedford steps down from Olympic Marathon - guardian.co.uk
- Ana Dulce Felix runs 31:33 two weeks prior to Vienna marathon - read more
- Berlin Half Marathon - link
- Prague Half Marathon - iaaf.org
- Taunton Marathon - website
- Sussex Marathon - website
25:40 - Tony's Trials
29:20 - Training Talk - Race Week
- We talk through the Monday to Saturday of race week
47:22 - Rant & Rave
- Gary Henwood-Fox raves about run / walk / running...
- Mark Gillgarro rants about non-believers...
50:00 - Interview - Greg McMillan
- Greg McMillan is a runner, exercise scientist and coach who has the unique ability to combine the science of endurance performance with the art of real-world coaching. Greg has a masters degree in Exercise Physiology where his research focused on the determining factors of distance running performance. A student of the sport since he began running in high school, he continues to apply advances in sports science to his training programs.
- Find out more about Greg and McMillan running here
1:25:10 - Winner of the Week
- Pete Clark's wife - nominated by Pete Clark!
1:26:55 - Close
- Find out more about Run for Japan at www.runforjapan.com
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here