Episode 62 - Sam Murphy
Best selling running author Sam Murphy talked all about running, Tony suffered a serious case of the man blisters, Martin arrived back in blighty and Tom's winning streak of one came to an end.
THIS WEEK WE HAVE RELEASED TWO VERSIONS - AUDIO FUEL HAVE PROVIDED 60 MINUTES OF MUSIC WHICH WE HAVE INCLUDED IN THE LONG RUN VERSION OF THIS EPISODE. IF YOU SUBSCRIBE VIA ITUNES YOU WILL HAVE AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVED BOTH VERSIONS. IF YOU DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY FROM THIS WEBSITE YOU WILL SEE LINKS TO BOTH VERSIONS BELOW.
You can listen to the LONG RUN VERSION by clicking HERE.
You can download the LONG RUN VERSION by right-clicking HERE.
You can listen to the STANDARD VERSION by clicking HERE.
You can download the STANDARD VERSION by right-clicking HERE.
As the timings vary depending on the show we have left them blank this week.
Time - Section
- Tom's been racing short, racing long and talking to American Style Olympians.
- Martin's been looking after a poorly daughter, not doing press-ups, and a bit of a sick-boy.
- CHECK OUT WWW.RUNFORJAPAN.COM
- Support the IM Talk auction for the Christchurch Earthquake Appeal (here)
- Doing something for Comic Relief? Thanks to Will Clark for setting a Marathon Talk page up (here)
- Marchvellous goes rolling on (here)
- Tom's loving www.hundredpushups.com
- Martin prefers www.zeropushups.com!
- US marathoner Sally Meyerhoff has been killed in a cycling accident (link)
- Nagoya International Women's Marathon cancelled (read more)
- Ian Sharman becomes World's fastest Spiderman, but not for long! (Ian's blog)
- Carl Lewis to tackle a marathon in his 50th year (video)
- Rate Your Run - 8.2 from 143
- Bekele on the road to London 2012? (read more)
- Duchy Marathon results
- Six Foot Track Marathon (website)
- The Walk to Ell and Back (website)
- Tony's Trials
- Training Talk - Chosing your marathon pace...
- Spend some time thinking honestly about what you really want from the race
- Reflect on how your training has gone and consider what run condition you are in
- Calculate a pacing strategy
- Consider the potential risks of going too hard or too easy
- Commit to your ‘A’ goal with 100% confidence and belief
- Rant & Rave
- Martin Billington rants about unsociable runners and raves about training properly!
- Interview - Sam Murphy
- Sam is a sport and fitness journalist, author and running coach with a lifelong passion for being active, and for inspiring others to be so. Through her articles, books and coaching services, her aim is to help everyone discover their inner athlete!
- Find our more about Sam via her website... here
- Winner of the Week
- Nominated by Matt East - his amazing wife Catherine
- Spread the word and support Japan via www.runforjapan.com
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here
- Check out Tom's Comrades training diary here
- The Leeds University lecture series details are here
- Thanks to AudioFuel for providing the motivational beats, find out more here