Episode 584 - Jo Wilkinson
Holly speaks to British athletics coach and former elite athlete, Jo Wilkinson, there's national track titles and Olympic qualifiers at the Muller Trials in Birmingham, and a new 10,000m women’s track world record. Sir Mo Farah suffers a shock defeat, Damian Hall sets a new Wainwrights C2C record, and for this week's Training Talk we discuss our techniques to improve mental toughness when racing.
- Martin's listening to running
- Holly's been watching triathlon
Throughout June the show is sponsored by Runderwear, a small brand in Dorset, which makes seamless, moisture-wicking, technical performance underwear to prevent chafing.
Marathon Talk listeners can get an exclusive 15% off all full-priced items online using the code MT15 at www.runderwear.co.uk
We’ll also be sharing details of an exclusive competition, keep listening and following our social channels throughout June to find out more.
- Muller British Trials
- Defeat for Mo Farah
- Siffan Hassan smashes world 10,000m record
- Damian Hall sets new Wainwright's Coast to Coast record
Training Talk - Mental Toughness on Race Day
- Remember you are not alone
- Visualise (training runs of the same length or run for someone)
- Control the controllable
- Have a pre race routine
- Manage expectations (A,B,C goal)
- Don’t compare yourself
- Be around positive people at the start
Interview - Jo Wilkinson
- Holly will be racing
- Martin will be camping