Episode 58 - Tim Hutchings
Brighton Marathon race director and 13:11 5,000m runner Tim Hutchings joined Martin to talk all things running, Tony had something to get off his chest and Tom ran more than ever! We also heard about a Marathon Talker winning the New Orleans Marathon and launched the third part of our spring motivation trilogy... Marchvellous!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been running long, being inspired, and.... swimming!
- Martin's been also running long, hanging out in Wokingham and a little vauge with his press-ups!
- Press-ups.... the boys are struggling... still!
- Febulous rolls on and Marchvellous is announced
- Running Free by Kate Allatt (link)
13:55 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.0 from 116 ratings (read more)
- Olympic schedule revealed (read more)
- Elite field announced for Boston (read more)
- Liverpool Marathon returns (read more)
- adidas can help you raise money (read more)
- Steph Twell breaks her ankle (read more)
- New Orleans marathon (results)
- New Orleans half marathon & Kim Smith (read more)
- Seville Marathon results (read more)
- The World's heaviest marathon finisher? (read more)
27:30 - Tony's Trials
- DO NOT DISTURB!
29:30 - Training Talk - Dealing with the sniffles and ong run progression...
- A two part training talk this week...
1) We asked you guys what you did to prevent and deal with the good old common cold
2) We talked all about progressing your long run
38:30 - Rant & Rave
- Tony Lloyd raved about positive thoughts, motivational images and gentle progression
- Jamie Sims ranted about dog walkers and trip wires!
40:05 - Interview - Brighton Race director, Tim Hutchings
- Not only does Tim organise the hugely successful Brighton Marathon but he's also won medals for Team GB at the European and Commonweathl championships. With a 13:11 5,000m he also knows a thing or two about running fast. Martin caught up with him to talk all about running...
1:14:30 - Winner of the Week
- The Marathon Talk 'Ryder Cup' team... legends!
1:15:05 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here
- Check out Tom's Comrades training diary HERE