Episode 57 - Bob Groves
Five years ago London cabbie Bob Groves turned his life around swapping drink and drugs for running and fitness, Martin found out all about his amazing journey. Tom reached the top of the podium for the first time ever, Martin celebrated his birthday and Tony couldn't decide what to talk about!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been winning his first race, running medium, and inspired by Martin Green!
- Martin's been turning 40 (nearly), not running with his top off, and supporting Liz
- Press-ups.... the boys are struggling!
- Matt Rogan's FREE Olympic evening, get your tickets via email@example.com
- Febulous gets going in style
- Your podcast needs you to take on the Americans in the Facebook challenge
- Vote (by clicking 'like') for your Marathon Talk photo HERE
13:30 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.3 from 100 ratings (read more)
- Check out the Empire State Run Up (video)
- Stefaan Engels runs 365 marathons in 365 days (read more)
- Haile to run in Vienna (read more)
- Chicago Marathon entries going fast (official website)
- Ian Sharman breaks 15 year course record at Rocky Raccoon 100 miler (Ian's blog)
- Tallahasse Marathon (results)
- Thames Trot Ultra (results)
24:55 - Tony's Trials
- Honest Tony impresses the kids!
28:40 - Training Talk - Time management and creative training
- Achieving 'breakthrough' performances
- What could you do better?
- What could you to different?
- When should you do more?
43:35 - Rant & Rave
- Stephen Blakeney raves about impossible PBs and rants about excuses!
44:25 - Interview - London cab driver and all-round inspiration, Bob Groves
1:14:25 - Winner of the Week
- Ian Sharman - Nominated by Steve Mee
1:15:00 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here
- Check out Tom's Comrades training diary HERE