Episode 565 - James Thie
Thanks to Mymo for supporting the show. On this week’s show Martin speaks to world masters 1500m champion, 3.57 miler, Welsh and British international and now one of the UK’s leading endurance coaches; James Thie. TWe remember Team GB mountain runner Chris Smith, get Mo out of here, Galen goes fast, Laura Muir is up for athlete of the year, Training Talk gives you 5 ways to run in lockdown, and you rate your runs and share your Marathon Talk Kit Around The World.
This month, the show is sponsored by Mymo - an industry-first personal sensor device which measures your gait and matches your running style to a database of all the latest running shoes.
- Holly's been getting blown off the Jurassic Coast. Not racing. Preparing for lockdown
- Martin's been running hills and exploring the South West Coast path. Walking in the wind with the kids
- Check out Stormbreak
Thanks to all the amazing Marathon Talk Patrons
Kit Around the World
We now use our social media channels to share your amazing Kit Around the House photos. If you’ve got cool photos of you showing off your Marathon Talk kit in an interesting place then please do share it on social media, using #KitAroundTheWorld and tagging @marathontalk
- RIP Team GB Mountain Runner Chris Smith | Athletics Weekly | BBC
- Laura Muir nominated for world athlete of the year | BBC
- Watch Cheptegei blow at at the 2017 World Cross
- Rupp on the roads | Oregon Live
- England Athletics latest lockdown
- Get Mo out of here! | Inside the Games
Rate Your Run
- Head to Twitter
- Tell us about a recent run
- Give it a mark out of 10
- Tag @marathontalk
- Use #RateYourRun
Interview - James Thie
- Online running circuits free and for all abilities 6pm Mondays with TeamThie! Join in!
5 tips for running in lockdown2
- Use your run time carefully. Plan it to support you.
- Run socially with one other (it’s time to choose your best run buddies!)
- Make each run matter. What do I want this run to give me today.
- Respect other people when you’re out. Run distanced.
- Set yourself a benchmark challenge. A route. A time. A distance.
- Martin will be lockdown running and surfing
- Holly is expecting a baby....dog.
Thank you to this weeks sponsor Mymo, our interviewee James Thie and the production team for bringing you another Marathon Talk.