Episode 55 - Ron Hill (part one)
Jantastic went crazy and we launched Febulous, Tom pulled a great performance out of the bag, Martin looked toward a three and a half hour run, Tony dressed up as a smurf and we spoke to British running legend and one time marathon World record holder Ron Hill.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been Brass Monkey'ing, parkrunning and speaking to a legend.
- Martin's been writing and running... but not press-up'ing!
- Jantastic has had 4,698 runs registered by 591 participants... you rock!
- Tune in next week to find out who's won the Ron Hill jacket and Edinburgh Marathon place
- Fancy joining Martin and Liz for a training day? See Edinburgh Marathon website for details
- Join Febulous via our website or follow this link
19:31 - News
- Rate Your Run averages 8.7 from 153 ratings
- Congrats to Richard Whitehead for winning IPC 200m World Champs (read more)
- Ryan Hall to run US half marathon champs this weekend (read more)
- Mara pulls out of London (read more)
- Haile to run in Manchester 10k (read more)
- Wanjiru in car crash (read more)
- Scott Jurek to pace in New Orleans (read more)
- Gloucester Marathon (results)
- Northampton to Tring (results)
- Dubai Marathon (report)
31:00 - Tony's Trials
37:30 - Training Talk - The Walk Run Strategy
- What does running a marathon mean to you?
49:30 - Rant & Rave
- Matt East raves about quality training and less being more
- Daz Reevell grumbles about niggles
51:10 - Interview - Ron Hill
- Part one of our interview with all-time British running legend and one time marathon World record holder, Ron Hill.
1:17:30 - Winner of the Week
- Myles Mazur - nominated by Jamie Stevens
1:19:30 - Close
- Don't forget to Rate Your Run from Sunday at marathontalk.com
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Pop along to our Facebook events page here