Episode 548 - Pete Simpson
On this week’s show, Martin is joined by Anji. We talk injury recovery and acceptance. Wilson Kipsang is hit with a four year ban, there’s a record smashed on the John Muir Way and parkrun is back in New Zealand (whoop!). Holly interviews runner Pete Simpson about his heart stopping race and recovery. Plus you guys rate your run and share your kit around the World.
- Anji is making a careful comeback from injury
- Martin is claiming extra miles by missing the ferry but back running!
Thanks to all the amazing Marathon Talk Patrons
Kit Around the House
We now use our social media channels to share your amazing Kit Around the House photos. If you’ve got cool photos of you showing off your Marathon Talk kit in an interesting place then please do share it on social media, using #KitAroundTheHouse and tagging @marathontalk
- Kipsang gets a 4 year doping ban | Guardian
- James Stewart set a John Muir Way FKT | Fast Running
- parkrun NZ is back!
Rate Your Run
- Head to Twitter
- Tell us about a recent run
- Give it a mark out of 10
- Tag @marathontalk
- Use #RateYourRun
Interview - Holly speaks to runner Pete Simpson about his amazing recovery from a heart stopping moment at the London Marathon to completing a marathon in lockdown.
- Martin will be running and working on stormbreak challenge. If you want to know more about how to get involved and help children you live or work with stay mentally healthy through movement drop a note to: [email protected]
- Anji will be walking boot free...
Thank you to Pete Simpson for this week’s interview and the production team for bringing us a great show, and you guys for tuning in.