Episode 540 - Dr Simon Marshall
On this week’s show Tony and Anji are in the Marathon Talk house. Martin interviews sports psychologist and Brave Athlete author Dr Simon Marshall, there are changes to the lockdown exercise rules, you rate your runs and share your marathon talk kit around the house.
- Tony's been 'In the Shed', injury free and has new bino's.
- Anji's been deadline working but still injured.
Thanks to all the amazing Marathon Talk Patrons
Kit Around the House
We now use our social media channels to share your amazing Kit Around the House photos. If you’ve got cool photos of you showing off your Marathon Talk kit in an interesting place then please do share it on social media, using #KitAroundTheHouse and tagging @marathontalk
- Guidelines for exercise outside have changed! Let's all become ultra runners. | New Govt Guidelines
- Post box hunting with Danny Norman | WithMeNow
- UKA cancel Anniversary Games | Athletics Weekly
To Rate Your Run
- Head to Twitter
- Tell us about a recent run
- Give it a mark out of 10
- Tag @marathontalk
- Use #RateYourRun
Interview - Dr Simon Marshall
As part of the Garmin Run For series Martin spoke to Dr Simon Marshall about getting though lockdown and the mental health benefits of running.
Dr Simon Marshall is an author, performance psychologist, former Professor of Family and Preventive Medicine at the University of California, former San Diego and Professor of Exercise Science at San Diego State University and founder of Braveheart Coaching
You can read the full blog and watch Martin and Simon's conversation HERE.
- Anji will be celebrating a lockdown wedding anniversary
- Tony will be in the shed, VATing, and running long.
Thank you to Simon for the fantastic interview, our wonderful volunteer production team, and you, our listeners for the relentless positivity.