Episode 536 - Lucy Jones
On this week’s show Anji and Tony host. Jaybird sponsor the show. Martin interviews author of ‘Losing Eden’ Lucy Jones, there's a training talk reflecting on injury and running during the COVID-19 lockdown, you rate your runs and you share your marathon talk kit around the house.
This month the show is sponsored by wireless running headphone specialists, Jaybird.
From the beginning, Jaybird earphones have been designed with the needs of runners in mind. Working with professional runners and endurance athletes, Jaybird’s in-ear design is ultra-comfortable and ultra-secure so they stay put in the ear. They’re also ultra-durable, and are sweat-proof, water-proof, and shock-proof, so handle everything from trail runs to the toughest endurance race. And of course, they have great sound.
So whether you want premium audio for quality listing on a long run or need loud sound for an adrenaline kick, Jaybird has you covered.
Find out more at jaybirdsport.com and get 10% off online using code: marathontalk10
- Anji's been writing, running, injured, using a donated turbo trainer in combo with Netflix
- Tony's been turbo-ing, running a little bit, enjoying strava segments and “In the shed”
Thanks to all the amazing Marathon Talk Patrons
Kit Around the House
We now use our social media channels to share your amazing Kit Around the House photos. If you’ve got cool photos of you showing off your Marathon Talk kit in an interesting place then please do share it on social media, using #KitAroundTheHouse and tagging @marathontalk
To Rate Your Run
- Head to Twitter
- Tell us about a recent run
- Give it a mark out of 10
- Tag @marathontalk
- Use #RateYourRun
- World Athletics suspends Olympic Qualification period | Athletics Weekly
- Virtual Road Relays | Fast Running
- Facemasks | New York Times
- Garden Marathons | BBC
Martin interviews Lucy Jones. Author of Losing Eden about making effective connections to nature. Prepare to hug trees.
Martin and Anji reflect on how it feels to be injured and not running during lockdown.
- Anji will be watching Netflix, healing and having a Lockdown Birthday
- Tony will be in the shed, the office, the loft, under the house.
Thank you Lucy for the interview, our wonderful production and social team, and you, our listeners tuning in every week.