Episode 511 - Jared Goldman
On this week’s show we speak to Belarus runner Jared Goldman who ran from Minsk to Kažan-Haradok, the marathon at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games moves location, the shoe debate rumbles on, the Big Dog Backyard ultra is slightly bonkers, Shalane Flanaghan retires, Eilish McColgan takes her Mum’s record at the Great South Run, you rate your run, wear your MT kit, Tony’s got a trials, and you could win a chance to spend Christmas at a French Chateau.
RIP. This week's show is dedicated to Michael May.
Throughout October the show is sponsored by Runderwear, a British brand which makes seamless, moisture-wicking, technical performance underwear to prevent chaffing. Find out more and buy online at www.runderwear.co.uk
Runderwear are offering Marathon Talk listeners 20% off all products online using code MT20. We’ll also be sharing details of an exclusive competition, keep listening and following our social channels throughout October to find out more.
- Martin's been tired and only running a little.
- Holly's been saying goodbye to her Father.
- The Clean Sport Collective podcast
Thanks to all the Marathon Talk Patreons!
- If you like what we do and would like to support the show please check the link to our Patreon page.
- We love seeing our Kit Around the World, please do share you super-cool pictures on social media using #KitAroundTheWorld
WIN Christmas in the Chateau!
Enter a prize draw and have the chance to spend Christmas at our retreat home in the Loire!
This incredible prize, worth over £7,500 includes use of the estate from 23-28 December 2019 for up to 24 people.
- To Rate Your Run, head to Twitter, tell us about a recent run, give it a mark out of ten, tag @marathontalk, and use the #RateYourRun.
- More shoe fallout - Sean Ingle in the Guardian
- Tokyo Olympic Marathon moves | BBC
- Big Dog Backyard Ultra | Outside Magazine
- Shalane Flanaghan retires
- Eilish McColgan takes her Mums record at the GSR. | Athletics Weekly
Interview - Jared Goldman - Running Belarus : From Minsk to Kažan-Haradok
- Martin's relaxing, at least in theory.
- Holly has got no plans and let's keep it that way.
Thank you to this weeks sponsor Runderwear, our interview Jared Goldman and the production team for bringing you another Marathon Talk.