Episode 506 - Gerda Steyn
Tom speaks to current Comrades champion (and up-run record-holder), Gerda Steyn, Martin's back from the beach, we’re recording on a Friday so the news hasn’t happened yet, and Training Talk goes back to the 1950s.
Throughout September the show is sponsored by TRIBE, the UK’s leading all-natural sports nutrition brand providing a range of over 20 natural energy and recovery products.
Find out more at www.wearetribe.co and get your first 6-Pack for just £2 using code ‘MARATHONTALK2019’
- Martin's been a poorly boy
- Tom's been parkrunning Down Under
- Thanks to all the Marathon Talk Patrons! If you like what we do and would like to support the show please check the link to our Patreon page.
- We love seeing our Kit Around the World, please do share you super-cool pictures on social media using #KitAroundTheWorld
- To Rate Your Run, head to Twitter, tell us about a recent run, give it a mark out of ten, tag @marathontalk, and use the #RateYourRun.
Interview - Gerda Steyn
Training Talk - 5,000m 1950s Style
- 20 miles per week
- 1 x 3-mile progression
- 1 x km reps
- 1-2 x easy
- Martin will be in Windsor with Chris Evans (not that he likes talking about it) and working hard on Stormbreak
- Tom will be in South Shields for his mother-in-law's 70th