Episode 505 - Julian Spence
On this weeks show Martin's been running the Great North Run, Tony’s been bonking, at the Great North Run Mo took a 6th PB win whilst the women’s saw a new fastest ever half marathon (kind of), Bekele looks to Berlin, but Griffiths is out of Doha World Champs marathon. But Australian marathoner Julian Spence is in and we speak to him. You rate your run and share your kit around the world.
Thanks! Throughout September the show is sponsored by TRIBE, the UK’s leading all-natural sports nutrition brand providing a range of over 20 natural energy and recovery products.
Find out more at www.wearetribe.co and get your first 6-Pack for just £2 using code ‘MARATHONTALK2019’
- Martin's been running the Great North Run!
- Tony's been buying a second hand car and bonking.
- Thanks to all the Marathon Talk Patrons! If you like what we do and would like to support the show please check the link to our Patreon page.
- We love seeing our Kit Around the World, please do share you super-cool pictures on social media using #KitAroundTheWorld
- To Rate Your Run, head to Twitter, tell us about a recent run, give it a mark out of ten, tag @marathontalk, and use the #RateYourRun.
- Great North Run | BBC | Athletics Weekly
- Farah in awe of Kipchoge | Athletics Weekly
- Bekele to run Berlin | IAAF
- Dewi Griffiths out of worlds | BBC
Interview - Martin speaks to Australian 2:14 marathoner Julian Spence as he prepares for the IAAF World Marathon Champs in Doha.
Julian on Twitter
In true blues style Tony sings about nip sting!
- Tony will not be filming for Halloween and running with mates.
- Martin will hopefully be at the beach!
Thank you to the production team and our sponsors Tribe for helping bring you the show this week!