Episode 503 - Glen Turner
This week Holly and Anji host the show. Tom speaks to parkrun Australia Health Lead Glen Turner. Zach Bitter breaks the 100 mile WR in Wisconsin David Rudisha has a narrow miss and it’s a family affair for Yuki. In this weeks Training Talk we discuss why all endurance runners should do strength work. Kit Around the World takes to the Gram, Rate Your Run is all over Twitter, and unlike last week, we remembered to include Facebook Friday, which is all about your running transformations.
- Holly's been inaugural parkrunning, pull upping and not going to Chamonix
- Anji's been ill then injured and cycling...loads, writing and celebrating 2000 good deeds at GoodGym Newcastle
- Thanks to all the Marathon Talk Patrons! If you like what we do and would like to support the show please check the link to our Patreon page.
- We love seeing our Kit Around the World, please do share you super-cool pictures on social media using #KitAroundTheWorld
- To Rate Your Run, head to Twitter, tell us about a recent run, give it a mark out of ten, tag @marathontalk, and use the #RateYourRun.
- David Rudisha in Car Crash | BBC
- Yuki won the New Caledonia International Marathon in 2:17:24, missing the record by 54 seconds. It was a real family affair with his wife and Mum running!
- Zach Bitter runs an incredible new 100mile WR | Running Magazine
Interview - Glen Turner speaks to Tom about parkrun Australia.
Training Talk - Why should you include strength work as an endurance runner?
- Holly and Anji chat getting strong for improved bone density, power, ranges and reps.
- Holly will be parkrunning and starting marathon training for Frankfurt
- Anji will be volunteering at Leazes parkrun, healing in time for holiday and at the GNR.