Episode 5 - Nick Morgan
This week we hear all about super speedy pensioners, chat to Nick Morgan about marathon nutrition for racing and training, catch up with Tony's Trials and discuss training options for running in fancy dress!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Helen's exhibition (link)
- Tom struggles on two wheels!
- Spouse 'smackdown' scheduled for Valentines Day!
04:50 - News
- Marathon Talk breaks through 5,000 downloads!
- Dewsbury 10k (link)
- Surf City Marathon (link)
- Jogger stuck in WC! (link)
- Japanese pensioner runs 2:38... that's 6:02 per mile (link)
- Mara Yamauchi back in action (link)
10:10 - Tony's Trials
- Get well soon Tony!
16:51 - Threshold Intervals
- Marathon specific interval training
- Suggested sessions and progressions
28:59 - Rant and Rave
- How do you like these Apples? (link)
- CHECK OUT THIS inspirational speech from Steve Jobs (link)
- Move aside he's coming through!
33:04 - Nick Morgan
- Sports scientist for Lucozade Sport
- Nutrition guidelines for marathon success!
1:04:20 - Questions
- How to become the world's fastest fruit.
- Support Andrew via this link.
1:09:10 - Winner of the Week
- Three PB's in three weeks over three distances... Helen Reevell
1:10:15 - Close
- Tune in next week for the spouse smackdown result!