Episode 499 - Sara Owczarczak-Garstecka.
On this week’s show, wow, it’s Episode 499, next week we hit the magical 500! It’s countdown to Tokyo 2020 with 1 year to go, Mo lines up the GNR again, Luke Traynor tests positive, Tom speaks to Sara Garstecka about dogs, running, and dog bites, you send some splendid pics around world, rate you run, and perch on the podium.
- Martin's been tempo running and wild sleeping
- Tom's been Keppel parkrunning
- Follow us on Instagram
WIN an amazing weekend at the Eden Project Marathon with Five Talents!
Enter the Five Talents competition to WIN: (T&C's apply - namely to fundraise for Five Talents!)
- An entry into the Eden Project Marathon or Half weekend of 11-13th October 2019.
- A private guided tour of Eden Project biomes with Eden Project CEO.
- Two nights accommodation at the Eden Project.
- Talks with Kenyan runner Benard Rotich and coach Martin Yelling
- An ugali and pasta party!
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr or Art of Your Success technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- 1 year until Tokyo 2020 | Telegraph
- IAAF one year to go - some details about the athletics stadium. IAAF
- Watch a time lapse of the Olympic Marathon route.
- Interesting on 2020 Tokyo Marathon prep (with data) | Nippon
- Mo Farah targets title No.6 at Great North Run | Athletics Weekly
- GB athlete Luke Traynor has been provisionally suspended by UK Anti-Doping. | Fast Running
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Sara Owczarczak-Garstecka.
Click here to find all the links/resources referred to in the interview.
- Tom will be looking after his Dad.
- Martin will be race planning!