Episode 493 - Mark Gainey (co-founder of Strava)
On this week’s show Martin speak to the co-founder of Strava Mark Gainey about segments, set up, the Rim to Rim and the future. We remember American track star Gabriele Grunewald, young Brit track stars re-write the record books, Kara Goucher runs Leadville, Kenyan marathoner banned for rat poison and there's a marathon in a prison. We talk summer speed work to sharpen you up, you rate your run, talk about what keeps you going, wear your MT kit at Comrades and stand on the MT podium.
- Martin's feeling under trained and celebrating Ruby's 10th birthday.
- Holly's racing 10k on the roads.
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Good Gym Poole
The launch run is happening on 25th June from Devenna's Cafe where we'll be running to help out The Lewis Manning Hospice by painting garden furniture for the residents to enjoy.
The Running Charity job for Steven.
Help give a former homeless man a job at a great charity! Just Giving page.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Our latest leisure tee is now available via Art of Your Success
You’re just past half way, and you’re broken, what keeps you going? link to thread
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- We remember the courage of US runner Gabriele Grunewald. Brave Like Gabe | BBC
- Goucher runs Leadville | Duluthe News Tribune
- Max Burgin breaks Ovetts record! | Athletics Weekly.
- Josh Kerr break Steve Cram U23 record. | Scottish Athletics.
- Rat poison ban for Kenyan Kirwa. | Gizmodo.
- A marathon in prison. | Youtube.
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Martin and Holly discuss top faster sessions to try in the sunshine.
Interview - Martin speaks to the co-founder of Strava Mark Gainey.
- Martin will be camping!
- Holly will be racing a trail marathon