Episode 429 - Nancy Freeman
Tom speaks to Marathon Talk listener and seven continent marathoner, Nancy Freeman. Yuki runs a 70-minute half marathon dressed as a panda, there’s two stunning performances at the World Half Marathon Championships, a father and son break the world record for combined half marathons, no one at all manages to finish the Barkley Marathons and Soar Running sponsor Training Talk.
- Martin's been hanging with MPs and firefighters
- Tom's been helping Ben Pochee get volunteers for the Night of the 10,000m PBs
- Find a Skid Row Marathon screening near you
- Run with Marathon Talk in Kenya
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Facebook Friday asked for your running buddy's best and worst habits
- Rate Your Run
- World Half Marathon Champs
- Yuki ups his fancy dress game
- Father and son break the world record for combined half marathons
- irunfar.com cover the Barkley Marathons
- The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk with Soar Running
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Soar Running. Soar is a London-based company born out of a desire for beautiful performance running wear. Their mission is simple – to seek unparalleled performance through the use of cutting-edge fabrics and innovative design, and to cherish the beauty of running in everything they do.
Find out more at www.soarrunning.com and get 20% off all shorts, t-shirts, vests and capris using code Maratalkspring20.
We caught up with Tim Soar (their founder) to find out Soar’s latest news.
Interview - Nancy Freeman
- Martin will be eating Easter eggs with his mates
- Tom will be celebrating Helen's 250th