Episode 488 - Nicky Spinks LIVE
On this week’s show Tom hosts a Q&A with Nicky Spinks where they talk all things Double Bob and the Barkley Marathons, Mo and Galen are running Chicago, Aly Dixon ups the distance, Athletics South Africa will appeal the decision against Caster Semenya, and there’s quite possibly the greatest dip ever from someone with quite possibly the greatest name ever! Holly’s back from her latest victory, Thriva sponsor Training Talk where Tom and Brian talk Comrades training with just a few weeks to go, and you guys break down barriers in Facebook Friday.
- Martin's been sub 18min parkrunning and royal flushing.
- Holly's been winning fishnchippers.
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Our latest leisure tee is now available via Art of Your Success
Don’t say * barrier * ! Eliud’s going for the big breaking 2 part 2 in October so for this week’s Facebook Friday we want to know which time and distance are you still chasing?
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Mo and Galen Running Chicago | letsrun.com
- Aly Dixon Going Long | fastrunning.com
- Athletics South Africa to Appeal Semenya Decision | sport24.co.za
- The Greatest ‘Dip’ Ever? | theguardian.com
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Thriva. Tom and Brian talk Comrades prep.
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from iron, folate, vitamin D, B12 and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations. Get £25 off your first personalised Thriva subscription using code: MARATHONTALK25 at www.thriva.co.
Interview - Nicky Spinks Q&A LIVE with Tom.
- Holly will be living the smack talk and looking for races and house and dog sitting.
- Martin will be completing the Three Peaks.