Episode 489 - Hayley Carruthers
On this week’s show Martin speaks to Hayley Carruther’s about ‘that London Marathon’ finish from this year’s race, the London Marathon ballot is the biggest ever, there could be a new world marathon major, it’s a down-down at Comrades and fast in Manchester. Nicky Spinks does the Paddy Buckley Double, In Training Talk we look at picking your next race, you rate your run, Tony’s here with his trials. You stand on the podium and are all over the launchpad.
- Holly's been 17 again and partying at her Mums house.
- Martins been aborting the Three Peaks Challenge.
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Our latest leisure tee is now available via Art of Your Success
You're going on the biggest running challenge of your life. Who do you want at the checkpoints?
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- VMLM record applicants 457,861 | Runners Web
- A new world marathon major | Runners World
- Comrades ultra will be run ‘down’ in both 2020 and 2021
- Manchester 10k | Fast Running.
- Nicky Spinks at does the double Paddy Buckley Round | BBC
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Thriva. Tom and Brian talk Comrades prep.
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from iron, folate, vitamin D, B12 and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations. Get £25 off your first personalised Thriva subscription using code: MARATHONTALK25 at www.thriva.co.
How to choose your next race?
Interview - Hayley Carruthers (with coach Daniel Robinson)
Dan's Research - https://www.runningwithwolves.me
- Heading out on the Dragons Back course
- Martin will be running, that is all.