Episode 487 - Charlotte Purdue
On this week’s show we’re joined by the the 3rd fastest female British marathoner in history after her recent 2hr25min in London, Charlotte Purdue. Eliud Kipchoge announces another crack at going sub 2 hours the marathon. Caster Semenya has her CAS appeal rejected, there’s a new 50-mile world best, Training Talk is supported by Thriva and looks at that tricky period after a marathon, Tony’s here with his trials, you rate your run, look amazing in your MT kit around the world and share your most dramatic finish line moments.
- Martin's been running the Southampton Half Marathon.
- Tom's been DNF'ing long runs.
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Our latest leisure tee is now available via Art of Your Success
- Rate Your Run
- Caster Semenya CAS verdict BBC
- Kenan Malik in the Guardian.
- Ross Tucker The Science of Sport
- Here we go again! INEOS 1:59 | BBC
- Eliud Kipchoge plans 'superhuman' 1:59 marathon in London in October | Guardian
- Video News Release https://we.tl/t-nMl2hf1OOW
- Jim Walmsley runs world 50mile record (but all seems a bit odd!) | LetsRun
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Thriva. We look at that tricky period post marathon.
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from iron, folate, vitamin D, B12 and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations. Get £25 off your first personalised Thriva subscription using code: MARATHONTALK25 at www.thriva.co.
Interview - Charlotte Purdue
Charlotte on Twitter
- Tom will be at a Nicky Spinks function in Halifax and running hills
- Martin is looking for some tech support for Stormbreak and putting in some miles (but what for?)