Episode 486 - The London Marathon Special
We bring you all the news from a spectacular Virgin Money London Marathon. There were world records for a fastest second half, first loser, and third placer... incredible performances from male and female Brits, stories galore, and Eliud Kipchoge at his glorious best. We also catch up with Sarah O’shea about how her race went, and Training Talk looks at what to do if your marathon didn’t go to plan.
- Martin's been nobbing his way around the London Marathon Expo
- Holly's been running the London Marathon
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
MT Austria 2019!
Join Martin and Holly for Run Camp Austria! All the details.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Our latest leisure tee is now available via Art of Your Success
- Rate Your Run
- Virgin Money London Marathon
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk sponsored by Thriva
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Thriva, a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from iron, folate, vitamin D, B12, and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations within 48 hours. As a runner it offers a great way to check key biomarkers and provide data that helps to ensure your body is performing at an optimal level. Get £25 off your first personalised Thriva subscription using code: MARATHONTALK25 at www.thriva.co
- Holly will be preparing for the trail/ultra season
- Martin will be at Southampton Marathon