Episode 485 - Vicky Holland (Part Two)
This week's show is sponsored by Precision Hydration. Eliud’s up for London, the Two Oceans Marathon is re-routed, and Bernard Lagat is after his family marathon record. We announce a new leisure tee, Training Talk is brought to you by Fitness Rewards, and Tom speaks to Vicky Holland in part two of our interview with the current World Triathlon Champion.
This week's show is sponsored by our friends at Precision Hydration
Precision Hydration help athletes personalise their hydration strategies using their unique Sweat Tests and multi-strength electrolyte supplements that match how you sweat.
Find out more and take their free online Sweat Test to get a free personalised hydration plan at precisionhydration.com and get 15% off your first order of electrolyte supplements using the code MARATHONTALK.
Plus, check out THIS great blog on 5 ways to avoid ruining your marathon the week before your race.
- Martin's been 18:12ing at Poole parkrun
- Tom's been 18-miling in the sun
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Facebook Friday is here
MT Austria 2019!
Join Martin and Holly for Run Camp Austria! All the details.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Our latest leisure tee is now available via Art of Your Success
- Rate Your Run
- Kipchoge ready for London
- Two Oceans re-routed
- Lagat to run Gold Coast Marathon
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - with Fitness Rewards
Fitness Rewards in association with Vitality are changing the Life & Health insurance industry. Designed to encourage healthy behaviours their policies allow you to unlock a host of benefits and rewards.
You can find more information at Fitness Rewards and get a choice of an exclusive sign-up offer on new trainers or a new Garmin, Apple Watch Series 4 which will not be beaten anywhere.
Tom and Martin talk through last-minute race-day marathon tips.
Interview - Vicky Holland (Part Two)
- Martin will be prancing round the London Marathon Expo
- Tom will be speaking to Andy Brown