Episode 484 - Vicky Holland (Part One)
On this week’s show Yuki couldn’t retain his Boston crown but septegenarian Gene Dykes ran super fast. CJ Albertson runs a 2:17 marathon, indoors! Martin and Holly talk mental strength on race day, Tony’s here with his trials, we’re joined by 2012 Team GB Olympic triathlete and 2018 World Triathlon Series Champion Vicky Holland, you rate your run, show off your kit and stand on the podium!
This weeks show is sponsored by our friends at Precision Hydration
Precision Hydration help athletes personalise their hydration strategies using their unique Sweat Tests and multi-strength electrolyte supplements that match how you sweat.
Find out more and take their free online Sweat Test to get a free personalised hydration plan at precisionhydration.com and get 15% off your first order of electrolyte supplements using the code MARATHONTALK.
Plus, check out THIS great blog on 5 ways to avoid ruining your marathon the week before your race.
- Martin's been sand surfing, tempo running, 22mile long running
- Holly's been running the Paris marathon.
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron Find out more via our Patreon page
MT Austria 2019!
Join Martin and Holly for Run Camp Austria! All the details.
WIN new trainers with Fitness Rewards.
Take part in a Fitness Rewards and Marathon Talk competition to win some trainers from Runners Need. If you run 5K or over, share a screenshot of your wearable Strava/RunKeeper etc and include the hashtag #winfitnessrewards you’ll be entered into a draw to win trainers up to the value of £120.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Brighton Marathon | Athletics Weekly
- A 2:17 Marathon - Indoor! | Armory Track.
- Boston Marathon | Athletics Weekly | LetsRun
- London Marathon release Eliud film
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - with Fitness Rewards.
Fitness Rewards in association with Vitality are changing the Life & Health insurance industry. Designed to encourage healthy behaviours their policies allow you to unlock a host of benefits and rewards.
You can find more information at Fitness Rewards and get a choice of an exclusive sign-up offer on new trainers or a new Garmin, Apple Watch Series 4 which will not be beaten anywhere.
Martin and Holly talk about mental tool boxes and effective strategies for managing in race fatigue.
Interview - World Triathlon Series Champion 2018 and British Olympian Vicky Holland.
- Martin will be at the Virgin Money London Marathon all week. Come to the main stage and say hello!
- Holly will be running the London Marathon! Her 3rd in a many weeks!