Episode 483 - Martin at The Science Museum
This week’s show is a bit different, as we’re bringing you all the audio from the Science Museum event that Martin hosted with Jo Pavey, and a short Training Talk where Tom and Holly reflect on learnings from their own marathon experiences, and announce a competition from our friends at Fitness Rewards. We’ll catch up on all the news and other stuff next week.
This week's show is sponsored by our friends at Precision Hydration
Precision Hydration help athletes personalise their hydration strategies using their unique Sweat Tests and multi-strength electrolyte supplements that match how you sweat. They work with a long list of elite athletes including Lucy Bartholomew, who came 3rd at Western States last year.
Take their free online Sweat Test to get a free personalised hydration plan today at www.precisionhydration.com and get 15% off your first order of electrolyte supplements using the code MARATHONTALK.
- Tom's been parkrunning... in Japan!
- Holly's been Manchester Marathoning
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Fitness Rewards.
Fitness Rewards and Vitality give you rewards for leading a healthy lifestyle. By taking some simple steps to improve your lifestyle & fitness you can reduce monthly premiums on their health and life insurance and unlock a host of benefits, as well as seeing the benefits that being fit can have on your health and well-being.
Join the Vitality revolution and see what your Health & Life Insurance can do for you.
You can find more information at www.fitnessrewards.co.uk/marathontalk and get a choice of an exclusive sign-up offer on a new Garmin, Apple Watch Series 4 or trainers.
Three things I learned from a marathon race after I’d done it that I wish I’d known before I did it…
- First ever marathon (London ‘99) taught me how easy it needs to feel early on.
- PB marathon (London ‘08) taught me that sometimes you need to trust your feelings and scrap your plan.
- Slowest ever marathon (New York ‘05) taught me the importance of having fun.
- Not to overeat the night you before….
- You don’t always have to run with watch….run to feel (Houston 2013)
- Don’t panic if something goes wrong….European Champs, Barcelona I got horrific stitch.
We’re also kickstarting a Fitness Rewards and Marathon Talk competition today with a chance to win some amazing prizes.
Every day that you run a minimum of 5k, post your runs on Facebook or Twitter, with a screenshot of your running watch, tagging in Marathon Talk and Fitness Rewards, and using the hashtag #runforfitnessrewards
The more days you run the more entries into the prize draw you will have.
- Week 2 prize will be a race place of your choice up to £50.
- Weeks 3 & 4 will be a pair of trainers up to the value of £120 from RunnersNeed
Martin joined Jo Pavey at The Science Musem
- Tom will be banishing his inner Homer. Maybe.
- Holly will be running Paris and London marathons!