Episode 482 - Ryan Hall (Part Two)
This week we’ve got the second part of the brilliant Ryan Hall interview. Precision Hydration sponsor the show. The World XC championships just happened, as did the now infamous and almost impossible to finish Berkeley Marathons. We talk hydration with Andy Blow in this weeks Training Talk. Tony's here with his trials. You could win a race entry or new kicks with Fitness Rewards. Plus, you guys Rate Your Run, climb aboard the Launch Pad, and stand atop the Podium.
This weeks show is sponsored by our friends at Precision Hydration
Precision Hydration help athletes personalise their hydration strategies using their unique Sweat Tests and multi-strength electrolyte supplements that match how you sweat. They work with a long list of elite athletes including Lucy Bartholomew, who came 3rd at Western States last year.
Take their free online Sweat Test to get a free personalised hydration plan today at www.precisionhydration.com and get 15% off your first order of electrolyte supplements using the code MARATHONTALK.
- Martin's been supping round Brownsea, a little less running, benching.
- Tom's been getting ready for Comrades. Sort of.
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
MT Austria 2019!
Join Martin and Holly for Run Camp Austria! All the details.
Win with Fitness Rewards. John from Fitness Rewards tells us how.
Fitness Rewards in association with Vitality are changing the Life & Health insurance industry. Designed to encourage healthy behaviours their policies allow you to unlock a host of benefits and rewards to make being healthy more affordable.
Join the revolution and see what your Health & Life Insurance can do for you. You can find more information at www.fitnessrewards.co.uk/marathontalk to get a choice of an exclusive sign up offer on a new Garmin, Apple Watch series 4 or trainers.
We’re kickstarting a Fitness Rewards and Marathon Talk competition today with a chance to win some amazing prizes. As many of you will be tapering we’ve kept it simple, every day you run a minimum of 5k just post your runs on Facebook or Twitter, with a screenshot of your running watch, tagging in Marathon Talk and Fitness Rewards, and using the hashtag #runforfitnessrewards.
The more days you run the more entries into the prize draw you will have.
Week 2 prize will be a race place of your choice up to £50
Weeks 3 & 4 will be a pair of trainers up to the value of £120 from RunnersNeed
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Rate Your Run
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
We're joined by Andy Blow from Precision Hydration to talk about getting your fluid intake right in running.
Interview - Ryan Hall (Part Two)
Martin speaks to US running legend, lifter and Christian Ryan Hall.
Ryan's new book. Run the Mile You're In.
- Martin will be celebrating 20 years of marriage.
- Tom will be running longer and longer and going to Japan!