Episode 478 - Jackie Newton
This week’s show is sponsored by Soar Running. We also bring you news of positive splits from Tokyo, incredible racing at the European Indoors, and a world mile record. Tony’s back with some Trials, and also speaks to Athletics Northern Ireland Director of Coaching, Jackie Newton.
This week's show is sponsored by Soar
Soar is a London-based company born out of a desire for beautiful performance running wear. Their mission is simple – to seek unparalleled performance through the use of cutting-edge fabrics and innovative design, and to cherish the beauty of running in everything they do.
Find out more at www.soarrunning.com and get 20% off online using code: Maratalkspring20
- Martin's been flying solo and chasing segments
- Tom's been long running with his Dad
- Check Martin out at The Science Museum
- The I Run On Kickstarter campaign
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Facebook Friday is here
- Rate Your Run
- Tokyo Marathon on letsrun.com
- Laura Muir wins again
- Chris O'Hare splits the Ingebrigtsens
- New world indoor mile record
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Tony's Trials - Some Run Camp Feedback
Training Talk Sponsored By Thriva
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from cholesterol, liver function, vitamin D, B12, diabetes and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations within 48 hours. As a runner it offers a great way to check key biomarkers and provide data that helps to ensure your body is performing at an optimal level. Get 50% off your first Thriva Baseline or Advanced kit using the code MARATHONTALK at www.thriva.co
Mid-term marathon wobbles? We discussed the following scenarios...
- You’re injured... a) but over it now, b) and it’s still around.
- You’re ill... have rested a week and will be healthy in a week.
- Training has been well behind what you had hoped for (i.e. low miles, poor routine).
- You’re hating every minute of this bloody build up.
- You’re in full panic mode, wondering if you can still do it.
Interview - Jackie Newton
- Martin will be flying solo and running
- Tom will be chillaxing to the max