Episode 477 - It's Run Camp!
This week, thanks to our friends at Runderwear for supporting the show. We’ve all been at Run Camp and what a weekend it was! We talk all about along with Holly, Tom, Dave Moorcroft, Tony and ‘the’ V70 Carsington Half champion. Jamie Macdonald is closing in on his run across the USA, you could run (or breakdance?) at the Olympic Games, Is Jasmin Paris doing Barkley? Thriva sponsor Training Talk where we get all happy, you show off your kit around the world, Tony has some run camp trials, plus you Rate Your Run, climb aboard the Launch Pad, and stand atop the Podium.
It's Run Camp!!
- Holly's been at Run Camp
- Martin's been at Run Camp
- Tom's been at Run Camp
Thanks to this weeks sponsor - Runderwear.
This week the show is sponsored by Runderwear, a British brand which makes seamless, moisture-wicking, technical performance underwear to prevent chaffing. Check out www.runderwear.co.uk
Runderwear are offering Marathon Talk listeners 20% off all products online using code MT20. We’ll also be sharing details of an exclusive competition, keep listening and following our social channels throughout February to find out more.
Be a Patron.
A big thank you to those listeners who have popped along to Patreon and pledged their support for the show. If you like what we do and would like to support the show and become a patron then please check out the link to our Patreon page.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new Runr leisure t-shirts
Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Jamie Macdonald getting closer to finishing run across the USA | Jamie M on Facebook.
- Run the Olympic Marathon in Paris 2024. | Inside the Games
- Jasmin Paris at Barkley? | Run Deep
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Thriva.
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from cholesterol, liver function, vitamin D, B12, diabetes and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations within 48 hours. As a runner it offers a great way to check key biomarkers and provide data that helps to ensure your body is performing at an optimal level. Get 50% off your first Thriva Baseline or Advanced kit using the code MARATHONTALK at www.thriva.co
3 things to focus on for happier running;
- Perspective - Contentment (and whatever that looks like)
- Health - Structure, continuity, consistency. (i.e, not injured).
- Friendships - community, positive social networks.
Interview - What happened at Run Camp!
- We speak to Dave Moorcroft, Clare Sims, Brian Williams and Joyce Adams.
- Martin will be interviewing Ryan Hall and parkrunning with Team Garmin
- Holly will be running the Downslink and racing Barcelona Marathon
- Tom will be putting in the Comrades miles.