Episode 476 - Jess Robson
This week’s show is sponsored by Runderwear, Martin speaks to Jess Robson, Laura Muir smashes the British indoor mile record, there’s a couple of 5K world records, sort of, and Thriva sponsor Training Talk where we get a little serious about Comrades. Facebook Friday asks for your perfect talking, parkrunning, and dining partners, Kit Around the World is here with a competition to win some wonderful runr gear, and Tony brings us his latest Trials.
- Holly's been racing the Hoka Tough Runner and sharing this great video
- Tom's been not running very much as he 'prepares' for Comrades
Thanks to this week's sponsor - Runderwear
This week the show is sponsored by Runderwear, a British brand which makes seamless, moisture-wicking, technical performance underwear to prevent chaffing.
To find out more and buy online, check out www.runderwear.co.uk where you can get 20% off by using code MT20.
There’s still time to enter our amazing Runderwear competition where two lucky listeners can get their hands on the full Runderwear System. This includes a Base Layer, Hat, Headband, Pair of deluxe Merino Runderwear for winter, Pair of regular Runderwear for summer, Pair of Anti-Blister, Merino and Cushioning Socks and a Pair of graduated Compression Socks. Women can also choose from a High Impact Running Bra or Crop Top.
Check out our social channels for a special competition link where you simply need to enter your details to be in with a chance to win. Entries close on the 13th March. Good luck!
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
runr is the fitness and lifestyle brand for people like us who are passionate about running, and this week they bring us an amazing bundle of prizes including leisure garments, designed for us by Sarah at Art of Your Success.
The prize bundle worth over £100 includes our Proud to be a runner hoodie, Proud to be a Runner tee, runr race magnets, the runr winter bobble hat and a retro runr mug. The hoody, tee and hat will be in your choice of colour and size.
To be in with a chance of winning check out our Facebook Friday post this Friday (22nd) and tell us what makes you a runner.
To enter on Twitter, answer the same question after Friday 22nd using the hashtag #marathontalkrunr
One lucky winner will be chosen on Tuesday 26th February, and announced on next week’s show.
Check out our Marathon Talk clothing and all other runr goodies on runr.co.uk
- Rate Your Run
- Laura Muir smashes British indoor mile record | fastrunning.com
- New sort-of 5k World records | fastrunning.com
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk sponsored by Thriva
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from cholesterol, liver function, vitamin D, B12, diabetes and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations within 48 hours. As a runner it offers a great way to check key biomarkers and provide data that helps to ensure your body is performing at an optimal level.
Get 50% off your first Thriva Baseline or Advanced kit using the code MARATHONTALK at www.thriva.co
Holly's Comrades Training
- Plenty of hills
- Fasted runs to become fat-adapted
- Not much more training volume than for a marathon
- Plenty of marathons
- Could she have started faster?
Interview - Jess Robson
- Holly will be at Run Camp
- Tom will be at Run Camp