Episode 475 - Dave Ross
Richard Whitehead’s set to run Tokyo, the world indoor mile record is missed by one hundredth of a second, the RAK half marathon produces its usual breathtaking performances, and Susanna Gill wins the World Marathon Challenge. Runderwear sponsor the show, Training Talk is brought to you by Thriva, and Facebook Friday asks for your own personal influencers.
- Martin's been skiing
- Tom's been re-watching The Dawn Wall
Thanks to this weeks sponsor - Runderwear
This week the show is sponsored by Runderwear, a British brand which makes seamless, moisture-wicking, technical performance underwear to prevent chaffing.
Check out www.runderwear.co.uk
Runderwear are offering Marathon Talk listeners 20% off all products online using code MT20
And today we’re launching an amazing Runderwear competition where two lucky winners will receive all they need to train and race in comfort with the Runderwear System.
The full Runderwear System includes a Base Layer, Hat, Headband, Pair of deluxe Merino Runderwear for winter, Pair of regular Runderwear for summer, Pair of Anti-Blister, Merino and Cushioning Socks and a Pair of graduated Compression Socks. Women can also choose from a High Impact Running Bra or Crop Top.
We’ll post the link to the competition on our social pages.
Entries close on the 13th March.
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo or runr technical or leisure kit all around the World
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Facebook Friday asked for your personal influencers
- Rate Your Run
- Richard Whitehead to run Tokyo
- Nearly as world indoor mile record
- Another crazy-fast RAK Half Marathon
- Susannah Gill wins World Marathon Challenge
- Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following...
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk sponsored by Thriva
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Thriva.
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from cholesterol, liver function, vitamin D, B12, diabetes and more. Take the test at home and get GP-analysed results with personal recommendations within 48 hours. As a runner it offers a great way to check key biomarkers and provide data that helps to ensure your body is performing at an optimal level.
Get 50% off your first Thriva Baseline or Advanced kit using code: MARATHONTALK at www.thriva.co
Interview - Dave Ross
- Martin will be prepping for Run Camp
- Hanging out with his parkrun buddies