Episode 474 - Nicola Miller
This week Martin is joined by Holly Rush. Tom speaks to Nicola from ‘a mile in her shoes’. Richard Edmunds from Runderwear is here for a catch up, you share what running has given you, Eilish McColgan looks towards the marathon, there’s now full GB teams heading to the world cross, London Marathon update their guide runner policy, it’s fast at the Marugame Half, and a runner kills a lion (the lion was trying to kill him!). You rate your run, look amazing in kit around the world and stand proud on the podium.
- Holly's not injured! Hooray.
- Martin's planning three peaks and lifting.
Thanks to this weeks sponsor - Runderwear.
This week the show is sponsored by Runderwear, a British brand which makes seamless, moisture-wicking, technical performance underwear to prevent chaffing. Check out www.runderwear.co.uk
Runderwear are offering Marathon Talk listeners 20% off all products online using code MT20. We’ll also be sharing details of an exclusive competition, keep listening and following our social channels throughout February to find out more.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new Runr leisure t-shirts
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Eilish Mccolgan - 5k/10k at Tokyo 2020, then….the marathon | Scotsman
- Marugame Half super fast! | IAAF
- GB to send full senior team to World Cross | Fast Running.
- London review guide runner policy | London Marathon
- Runner kills mountain lion. | Reuters
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - How do you learn your marathon pace?
Interview - Nicola Miller - A Mile in Her Shoes.
- Martin's off falling about in the snow.
- Holly's off to the posh C2C premiere. Tickets!