Episode 472 - Luke Tyburski
This week the show is sponsored by Tribe, the UK’s leading all-natural sports nutrition brand. Martin is joined by a less than normal chirpy Holly Rush, Jasmin Paris goes all epic at the Spine, Houston is super fast, Jo Pavey goes for Olympic Games number 6, Yuki plans to race Vancouver, Training Talk looks at upping your marathon game. We're joined by runner, author and coach Luke Tyburski. You Rate Your Run, climb aboard the Launch Pad, stand atop the Podium, and the Kit Around the World is back!
- Holly's not feeling so chipper.
- Martin's holding off the running and completed his first S&C session.
TRIBE, the UK’s leading all natural sports nutrition brand providing a range of natural energy and recovery products specifically tailored for runners are sponsoring the show this week.
Find out more about the Tribe way at www.wearetribe.co.
You can also get a TRIBE 6 Pack of natural performance products for just £1 (includes free delivery) by heading to wearetribe.co/marathontalk.
Use code TRIBEMARATHONTALK at checkout to get your first pack for just £1.
TRIBE Co-Founder Tom Stancliffe joins us on the show.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new Runr leisure t-shirts
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Jasmin Paris breaks Spine record | Guardian | BBC
- Pavey going for Olympics number 6! | BBC
- Houston Half | Fast Running
- Yuki to run Vancouver | Vancouver Marathon
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - Martin and Holly talk upping a marathon game in January.
Interview - Luke Tyburski
Check out Luke's book Chasing Extreme via his website.
- Martin's running with some MP's and heading to Southampton parkrun with Garmin.
- Holly's getting buff for the Tom vs Holly Powerlifting challenge