Episode 470 - Holly Rush
On this week’s show Tom Stancliffe from Tribe sports nutrition joins us, there’s a new women’s parkrun world record, an insanely fast 10k, Laura Muir gets off to a great start, Mo’s ranked 3rd in the world, just send full teams UKA and have you been bitten by dog whilst running, Tony’s here with his trials, there’s a training talk about kicking off your marathon build up, Holly Rush shares her Dubai to Oman run, you rate your run, stand on the podium and look amazing in kit around the world.
- Tom's showing off his tattoo in the gym.
- Martin's listening to records and teaching wipe clean.
TRIBE, the UK’s leading all natural sports nutrition brand providing a range of natural energy and recovery products specifically tailored for runners are sponsoring the show this week.
Find out more about the Tribe way at www.wearetribe.co.
You can also get a TRIBE 6 Pack of natural performance products for just £1 (includes free delivery) by heading to wearetribe.co/marathontalk.
Use code TRIBEMARATHONTALK at checkout to get your first pack for just £1.
TRIBE Co-Founder Tom Stancliffe joins us on the show.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new Runr leisure t-shirts
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- New women’s parkrun record in Cardiff | Athletics Weekly
- Laura Muir off to a flying start | Athletics Weekly
- Now that’s fast! | IAAF
- Mo Farah ranked 3rd best marathon runner in the world by Lets Run | LetsRun
- Just send full teams! | Athletics Weekly
- Ever been bitten by a dog whilst running? | RunnersWorld US
- Floyd Landis on LetsRun | LetsRun
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Tony's Trials - Tony's back on form at parkrun and watching dog torpedoes.
Training Talk - kicking off your marathon build up.
Common teething problems:
- Doubt yourself and your ability.
- Get frustrated and disappointed.
- Progress too fast.
- Not allowing slippage
Interview - Holly Rush
Holly is back on the show to share her story of running from Dubai and Oman and avoiding jail.
- Tom's slipping into a comfortable and necessary routine.
- Not entering into any of Tom's silly challenges. (but will hit the gym anyway).