Episode 466 - Steph Twell (Part One)
On this week’s show we speak to two-time Olympian, five-time British 5,000m champion, and Commonwealth, World and European medalist, Steph Twell (now April). Camille Herron runs an incredible new 24hr world record, Yuki's heading back to Boston next year, and there was one of the world's best finish-line falls at the European XC champs at the weekend. Plus, it’s the final week of Santa’s Sack!
- Tom's deciding where to get his tattoo but celebrating a wonderful year.
- Martin's running, just a bit, but still too much!
Santa's Sack is back!
You could win a whole load of wonderful presents the Christmas and get some great discounts on running gift ideas from Santa's Sack partners! Get your entry in by Thursday 13th December at midnight! Enter here! Santa's Sack
This weeks gift present ideas are from:
Miiego – a multiple award-winning Danish brand specializing in Wireless Sport Headphones. Designed and developed in cooperation with a wide number of professional athletes, the products are built to last. With MIIEGO Wireless Bluetooth Headphones designed for sport, you will find just the right fit for you and your ears, giving you the ultimate freedom to perform at your best. Find out more at www.miiego.co.uk. Their gift recommendation is the Miiego AL3+ and you can get 15% off everything online using code: SANTA15
Precision Hydration - helps athletes personalise their hydration strategies with sweat testing and multi-strength electrolyte supplements that match how you sweat. Their gift recommendation is their strongest electrolyte drink PH 1500, which contains 3x more sodium than typical supplements. Santa’s Sack will contain a £50 gift card to use on electrolyte drinks that match how you sweat! Marathon Talk listeners can also get 15% off electrolyte supplements at www.precisionhydration.com using code MT15 before the end of the year.
The Warm Up - specialises in unique running gifts perfect for keeping warm both pre and post run. A top idea from them is one of their enamel mugs. Use the code MTSANTA15 for 15% off mugs during the Santa's Sack period. Not applicable with any other offer. Find out more and order online at www.warmup.run
Art of Your Success design and produce motivational gifts and stationery to inspire and celebrate your running. It’s run by Sarah who also creates designs for clubs and events, including Marathon Talk. The gift is a framed print personalised with a race and time. A great way to remember an event you're proud of, or a great gift for a runner you know. Apply the code MTspecial at www.artofyoursuccess.com and get a 10% discount on all orders. Discount doesn’t include P&P.
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new Runr leisure t-shirts
- Facebook Friday Rants!
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Herron runs new women’s 24hr record - 162miles! | Fast Running
- Yuki set for Boston 2019. | LetsRun Boston Press Release
- European XC champs. | IAAF
- The best thing was this finish line celebration from men's under-23 European Cross Country champion Jimmy Gressier | Watch it.
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Steph April (nee Twell)
5 time British 5000m champion, two time Olympian joins is to talk about her marathon debut.
Steph on Twitter
- Tom's celebrating his 10th wedding anniversary and at parkrun staff Christmas Party on Friday
- Martin's celebrating knowing the price of milk and not watching Strictly.