Episode 464 - Anji Andrews
This week The London Marathon support British endurance. Hawkins is out of Fukuoka, an 85 year old woman knocks out 70miles a week to age group win at NYC, Kenyan runner Bett gets doping ban. Plus, have you ever been stung by a bee on a run? We speak to runner and social media specialist Anji Andrews, you could win the contents of Santa’s Sack, we’ve got new gifts this week, you rate your run, share you kits pics around the world, have a rant and Tony is here with his trials.
The boys are in Poole recording together after doing a run session! There's a first.
- Tom's on fire as the tattoo challenge draws to a climax.
- Martin's grumbling again.
Santa's Sack is back!
You could win a whole load of wonderful presents the Christmas and get some great discounts on running gift ideas from Santa's Sack partners!
Our 5th gift recommendation comes from Chia Charge. Since 2012 Chia Charge has been making sports nutrition which not only helps you perform better but tastes great too. You won't find any oddities in their Yorkshire baked flapjacks either, just good honest kitchen cupboard ingredients that make you move and feel great.
Find out more at www.chiacharge.co.uk.
Their gift recommendation is a box of protein bars which come in flavours such as Salted Caramel and Cocoa. You can get 15% off using code: ‘marathontalk.’ Chia Charge goodies will be included in Santa’s Sack.
Our 6th gift recommendations in a medal display from The Runner’s Wall. The Runner’s Wall has an extensive range of medal displays which are a novel & fun way to hang your running medals. Celebrate your running successes by hanging your medals with pride with their medal hangers. Choose from their range of designs to suit all runners and check out the medal displays for other sports including triathlon, obstacle racing and many more. Made in the UK, their displays are made by athletes for athletes.
Find out more at www.runnerswall.co.uk
Get 10% off and free postage online using code SANTARUNS. A medal display will be in Santa's Sack!
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new Runr leisure t-shirts
- Facebook Friday Rants!
- Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Hawkins out of Fukuoka | Fast Running
- London Marathon announce funding for endurance in Britain.
- 85 year old marathoner with some great stories | RW USA
- Kenyan Kipyegon Bett has been hit with a four-year ban | Inside the Games
- Ever been stung by a bee on a run, try 500. RW USA
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Anji Andrews
On twitter @enigmagirl81 and at Team Enigma Running
- Tom's closing in on avoiding a tattoo
- Martin's keeping everything crossed his foot keeps getting better.