Episode 462 - Gemma Hillier-Moses (Part One)
On this week’s show Steph April’s running a marathon in Valencia, Zach Bitter runs a 100-mile FKT, Jo Pavey’s aiming for a 6th Olympic Games, and the Virgin Money London Marathon opens championship entries. We launch the Santa’s Sack competition and bring you the first part of Tom’s interview with the inspirational Gemma Hillier-Moses, Tony’s here with some Trials, you guys flash your Kit Around the World, Rate Your Runs, climb aboard the Launch Pad, and stand atop the Podium.
- Tom's been narrowing the gap (a tiny bit) in the tattoo challenge
- Martin's been in Belfast and working hard on Stormbreak.
Run Camp 2019 in the Peak District!
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
- Check out our new Runr leisure t-shirts
Santa's Sack is back!
You could win a whole load of wonderful presents the Christmas and get some great discounts on running gift ideas from Santa's Sack partners!
Enter the Santa's Sack competition to win.
Our first top gift comes from SOAR. A London-based company born out of a desire for beautiful performance running wear. Their mission is simple – to seek unparalleled performance through the use of cutting-edge fabrics and innovative design, and to cherish the beauty of running in everything they do. Their gift recommendation is their industry leading All Weather Jacket. The jacket will be going into the Santa’s Sack prize haul and you can get 25% off all SOAR products at www.soarrunning.com during the Santa’s Sack campaign. Simply enter code MaraTalkSanta25 at checkout.
Our second top gift comes from Lucy Locket Loves - a family-run leisure and fitness brand based in Yorkshire. They have a big passion for funky designs, fitness and the power of positive thinking! Find out more at www.locketloves.com. Their gift recommendation is their Activewear leggings and a packed Lucy Locket Loves goodie back will be included in the Santa’s Sack prize. You can get 10% off everything on their site using code MARATHONTALK online.
- Rate Your Run
- Winning! More 10000m Euro cup at NOT10kPBs | European Athletics.
- Steph Twell to run a marathon in Valencia | Athletics Weekly
- Zach Bitter (MT Interviewee) just runs new FKT for 100miles. | irunfar
- Pavey after a 6th Olympic Games | Telegraph
- London Marathon Championship Entry
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Tony's Trials - reasons when you don't feel good after a run.
Interview - Gemma Hillier-Moses
- Martin will back training....
- Tom will be taking a rest from hitting 5k