Episode 452 - UTMB: Holly Rush, Sophie Grant & Tom Evans.
On this week’s show the band are back together. Holly Rush brings us her full UTMB race report and speaks to CCC winner Tom Evans and UTMB 12th placer Sophie Grant. Tony DNF’d the Bullock Smithy. Griffiths and Partridge motor in Cardiff, Yuki gets beaten, Copenhagen is loaded and it’s the Great North Run this weekend. Facebook Friday asks for your magic relay teams, plus, you Rate Your Run, there’s some stunning Kit Around the World, and our listener Podium.
Intro - the band are back together!
- Martin's back from holiday and injured.
- Tom's been at Aston’s first parkrun, his 250th and his Dad’s 50th
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- Holly Rush shares her UTMB race day experiences.
- It was fast in Cardiff | Fast Running
- 17 sub-60 half marathon men to run Copenhagen half on Sept 16th | IAAF
- Yuki gets beaten in slowest marathon of his career | Japan Running News
- Great North Run on Sunday | Fast Running
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Tony's Trials - Tony recounts the 2018 Bullock Smithy.
Interview - Holly Rush catches up with UTMB 12th place finisher Sophie Grant and CCC winner Tom Evans.
Martin will be easing back into running and crossing everything.
Tom will be going to the gym and hitting some miles.