Episode 45 - Tim Cruse-Drew aka 'Gold Fingers'
Physio to the stars Tim Cruse Drew shares a few of his tips for staying injury free. Tom and Martin talk hills and doing something different for better 10k performance. There's plenty of marathon news including the return of the great one from retirement. Tony sings us through his trials and rate your run has a new home.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been aching, getting off road and doing press ups.
- Tom's been doing more press ups, winterswimming and exploring.
05:31 - News
- Rate Your Run Has moved to our home page.
- Haile is back! (read more)
- Haile's Twitter feed here
- First woman to run 7 marathons in 7 days in 7 continents (read more)
- Deca Ironman. Oh yeah. Seriously. (read more)
- Follow the Swallow - new 70.3 world champion (read more)
- Watch a free movie (for a while) all about NYRR pioneer Fred Lebow here
- Stockport 10 'THE' goody bag teaser video No 8 is out. (read more)
22:00 - Tony's Trials
- Tony's running like a hippo and his wife is in the SAS
25:00 - Training Talk - Hills Glorious Hills
- Hills hills glorious hills.
- This week we take a look at different ways to build hill workouts into your training. Tom shares his 17 hills session served up 3 ways. Martin talk about running right over the top and going that little bit further.
- Find out how to your best hills this winter.
33:20 - Rant & Rave
- Tom raves about dignity.
- Martin rants about people not trying hard enough
36:50 - Interview - Tim Cruse-Drew
- Tim has been a physio for 22 years and is a running related injuries specialist and guru. He's a runner himself so knows a few things about aches, pains and niggles.
- Check out Tim's practice website HERE
67:55 Listener Questions
- Hit a 10k stalemate? Do something different and think about your limiters.
Thanks to Tony Langelaan for the question.
01:13:10 - Winner of the Week
- Greg Brock's brains
01:13:45 - Close
- Thanks to everyone who's ordered Marathon Talk hoodies, t-shirts and hats (find out more)
- Still time to join Martin and Liz for some early season running in the sun... link
- Fancy getting wet this winter? Sign up for winterswim here