Episode 449 - Dr Josie Perry
On this week’s show it was a busy European athletics championships in Berlin, the women’s marathon was bloody, the women’s 1500m predictable, the 5000m surprising, and a 17 year old Norwegian really arrived. We ask you about tech, you share some increasingly worrying Kit Around the World shots, Rate Your Runs, climb aboard the Launch Pad, stand atop the Podium, Tony ask you a careful question in his trials, and we speak to Dr Josie Perry about exercise addiction.
- Martin's been wrestling a sore heel and at Monkey World
- Tom's been visiting Dippy the Diplodocus
Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo of yourself in your Marathon Talk kit then please email it to [email protected] so we can share on the show.
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall
- European Athletics Championships in Berlin. Marathon’s | BBC | Watch | Guardian
- Tracy Barlow placed the highest of five Britons in the race, finishing 15th. | Athletics Weekly
- All the talk is about a 17-year-old double European champion from Norway. | Fast Running Norweigan TV2 Sport
- Eilish McColgan grabs silver in the women’s 5000m. | Athletics Weekly | BBC watch the stop with a lap to go.
- Laura Muir bags 1500m gold. | Watch BBC | Athletics Weekly
- Join Sue Partridge and others at Wolverhampton University FREE event on Sat August 18th @ 10am.
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Interview - Dr Josie Perry on technology, endurance sport and exercise addiction.
- Read the research on Performance in Mind.
- Martin will be allowing his heel to recover.
- Tom will be easing back into running